OB KID'S COLD & FLU FIGHTER
Oriental Botanicals Kids’ Cold & Flu Fighter is a delicious-tasting formula, suitable for children aged 2 years and up.
Features and benefits
Oriental Botanicals Kids’ Cold & Flu Fighter get the tick of approval from parents and kids alike:
- Great-tasting, naturally derived pear and blackcurrant flavour
- Mixes easily in water or juice, so it’s easy to give to your child
- Contains no added sugar (sweetened with stevia)
- Specially formulated for children aged 2 years and older Includes echinacea, which is traditionally used to help children’s immune systems to fight illness in Western herbal medicine
- Echinacea is also traditionally used in Western herbal medicine to decrease children’s common cold and flu symptoms, including nasal congestion and runny nose
- Also contains elderflower to relieve common cold and flu symptoms such as sore throats and mild fever, based on its traditional use in Western herbal medicine
- Plus elderberry and the Chinese herbs honeysuckle and forsythia
How it works
Has your child got a cold AGAIN?
Children can catch up to 10 common colds every year, which is more than twice as many as adults are likely to experience*. This is a normal part of childhood and occurs because children’s immune systems are still developing and are still learning how to recognise and respond to infectious organisms like cold viruses.
When they do catch a common cold, children usually experience a runny nose, a stuffed up nose and a mild fever.
Echinacea is traditionally used in Western herbal medicine to support children’s immune systems and consequently help them fight illness.
Common cold and flu symptoms
Echinacea also relieves runny nose and unblocks the nasal passages during common colds and flu, based on its traditional use in Western herbal medicine.
Elderflower is traditionally used to calm children’s sore throats and ease mild fevers associated with common cold and flu in Western herbal medicine, where it’s often taken in combination with echinacea.
In traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), common colds and flu are typically regarded as being due to excess wind that has entered the body from outside (a symptom-pattern referred to as external wind), often accompanied by external heat, which is traditionally considered responsible for the mild fever associated with the onset of colds in TCM.
Honeysuckle and forsythia are traditionally used to relieve common cold and flu symptoms such as mild fever and sore throat when associated with wind-heat symptom patterns in TCM, and forsythia is also traditionally used to relieve chills.
Children 2-4 years: Take 2.5-5mL two to three times daily.
Children 5-8 years: Take 5-7.5mL two to three times daily.
Children 9-12 years: Take 7.5-10mL two to three times daily.
Serving suggestion: Mix each dose in 50mL of water or juice and consume immediately. Best taken with food.
Shake well before use.
Each 2.5mL contains dry extracts:
|Elderflower (Sambucus nigra) flower 22.55 mg, dry equiv.||135.3mg|
|Echinacea (Echinacea purpurea) root & rhizome 14.35mg, dry equiv.||86.1mg|
|Honeysuckle (Lonicera japonica) flower bud 33.85mg, dry equiv.||338.5mg|
|Forsythia (Forsythia suspensa) fruit 56.4mg, dry equiv.||338.4mg|
|Plus fresh juice:|
|Elderberry (Sambucus nigra) fruit 34mg, fresh equiv.||408mg|
Contains purified water, DL-alpha tocopheryl acetate, citric acid, glycerol, xanthan gum, Stevia rebaudiana, pear and blackcurrant flavour (naturally derived), silicon dioxide, maltodextrin and potassium sorbate.