Flordis Iberogast Oral Liquid 50ml
Iberogast® (STW 5) is clinically proven for the treatment of abdominal discomfort associated with conditions such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and functional dyspepsia.1,2 Researched in 20 studies, involving more than 50,000 patients, Iberogast has been used by millions of patients since it was first launched in Europe over 50 years ago.
What is Iberogast used for?
Iberogast has been clinically proven to treat the discomfort experienced with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and functional dyspepsia. The multi-targeted action of Iberogast is able to improve the many symptoms associated with IBS and functional dyspepsia, which can include:
- Heartburn/acid reflux
- Nausea / vomiting
- Early satiety
- Feeling of fullness
- Epigastric pain
- Bloating / abdominal cramping
- Constipation / diarrhoea
Safety & efficacy
Iberogast’s safety and efficacy has been extensively researched in over 45,000 patients of all age groups, from babies to adults, in 19 clinical trials.
Iberogast has no known interactions with other medications and is very well tolerated.3,4 It has been used extensively for more than 50 years and there have been no significant adverse reactions reported in the literature or to the health authorities of different countries.
Iberogast's unique formulation
Iberogast’s unique multi-targeted formulation is clinically proven, it is the exact product used in clinical trials. This is very important for natural medicines, as there can be a great deal of variability between products, even if they appear to use the same active ingredients. This is due to the part of the plant that is used, growing methods, harvesting processes and manufacturing methods. The outcomes of clinical studies for natural medicines should therefore only apply to the exact product that has been tested.
Each bottle of Iberogast contains specific extracts of the following herbs:
- Iberis amara (Bitter candytuft)
- Angelica archangelica (Angelica) root
- Matricaria recuitita (Chamomile) flowers
- Carum carvi (Caraway) fruit
- Silybum marianum (St Mary’s thistle)
- Melissa officianalis (Lemon balm) leaves
- Mentha x piperitae (Peppermint) leaves
- Chelidonium majus (Greater celandine)
- Glycyrrhiza glabra (Liquorice) root
Studies investigating the ways in which Iberogast work have shown that it has multiple actions in the gastrointestinal system, which is how it treats such diverse symptoms so effectively. Iberogast has been shown to exert the following multi-targeted effects:5
- Normalises intestinal tone (reducing spasm and improving gut function)
- Promotes intestinal movement
- Relaxes the stomach muscles
- Protects the stomach lining (anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial actions)
- Regulates stomach acid
- Reduces the formation of intestinal gases, preventing excessive flatulence and bloating
Directions & dosage
Iberogast is a liquid formulation that is taken 3 times a day, before or with meals, in a small amount of warm water, or mixed with another drink of your choice.
A dropper is already in place within the neck of the bottle to allow for easy dosing. The bottle should be shaken before use.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist, or the condition recurs, it is important to speak with a healthcare professional.