As its almost the end of November, the Movember men’s health campaign draws to a close. One particular men’s health issue we would like to highlight at TCPA is benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). BPH is a non-cancerous enlargement of the prostate which is said to effect 50% of Australian males over the age of 45.
Signs and symptoms
- A need to urinate frequently, especially at night
- Difficulty starting urination or holding back urine
- Weak or interrupted flow of urine
- Painful or burning urination
- Difficulty in having an erection
- Painful ejaculation
- Blood in urine or semen
- Frequent pain or stiffness in the lower back, hips, or upper thighs
What should you do?
If you are over the age of 45 or experiencing any of these symptoms speak to a health care professional about having PSA testing
The team at TCPA Darlinghurst and Mosman can help as we have a range of OTC and practitioner only products designed to support healthy prostate function