With our new range of paleo products, including paleo flours and sweet treats cookbook, we thought we would put together a list of our favourite paleo breakfast ideas.
Try these as a way to start your day off on a healthy note! And we have provided a number of variations to these recipes, so you can have a different breakfast each day of the week!
1/4 cup chia seeds (black or white, doesn't matter)
3/4 milk (almond, rice, oat, cashew, coconut, soy)
1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
1/2 tbsp of nut butter (peanut, almond, cashew)
Mix together the above ingredients in a jar or bowl. Refrigerate overnight. Enjoy with a scoop of you favourite yogurt in the morning!
* Chocolate chia pudding: add in 1/2 tbsp of cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons almond meal or coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- splash of milk
- Combine the protein powder, baking powder, almond meal and cinnamon.
- Add in the egg white and a splash of milk and stir until a paste forms.
- Slowly add enough water until you have a thick but runny consistency.
- Heat a small amount of coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat and spoon your batter onto the skillet.
- Cook without moving for 2-3 minutes until browned, then gently flip and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Top with your favourite pancake toppings, including coconut whipped cream, fresh fruit or nut butter!
There are lots of recipes for delicious green smoothies, but this is our favourite for a basic green smoothie!
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- 1 tsp of chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp nut butter
- 1 - 1/2 cups of milk (almond, coconut water, soy) (amount of milk depends on desired consistency)
Blend all ingredients until desired thickness. Top with some granola or shredded coconut for crunch!
Other paleo friendly breakfasts
* Make a batch of mini frittatas with egg whites, spinach, sundried tomatoes and chopped bacon. Eat 2 for breakfast, with a side of steamed sweet potato
* Poached eggs, with 1/2 an avocado, some sauerkraut and sweet potato
* Leftovers! Warm up paleo dishes from the night before
* Fruit "crepes" - make a simple omelette (with a dash of cinnamon in the omelette) and stuff with chopped fruit and cashew cream
We'd love to know what you are eating for breakfast these days!