Epi is the greek word for over/above or outer, epigenetics is the study of how the external environment and lifestyle can influence gene expression. This exciting field of study has enabled us to understand how we can make positive dietary and lifestyle changes to support and protect normal DNA function and genetic expression. An epigenetic change is not a change to DNA, but a change in gene expression. By supporting your DNA you are optimising the cellular signalling and the prevention of disease, ageing and behaviour.
10 ways to support your DNA:
1. Reduce your exposure to chemicals and heavy metals
2. Limit alcohol consumption and drugs (ie. pharmaceutical, cigarettes and recreational)
3. Maintain a healthy weight
4. Supplement with Curcumin, B3, NAD and Pantothenic Acid
5. Detoxify the liver, kidney and bowels. Drink 2L of water daily and increase alkalising foods such as greens and add Probiotics and glutamine
6. Supplement minerals Manganese and Zinc add antioxidants such as Vitamin A, C and E
7. Support the immune system with Vit C, Quecertin and Zinc
8. Methylation support with Vit B6, B12, Folinic Acid, Methionine, Cysteine and Choline
9. Eat a nutrient dense organic diet high in fruits, vegetables, and fish, low in carbohydrates and processed foods
10. Supplement with DNA guarding supplements such as Resveratrol, green tea and Curcumin
At TCPA we can assist you in developing a comprehensive DNA support plan including highly nutritional diet and effective supplementation.