With easter this month, there's plenty of sugar around... So why not try these delicious homemade rolos?
200 grams (about 1 cup) pitted soft dates (to soften them place in a bowl of hot water and let soften for a 10 minutes, then drain
1 tbsp peanut butter or almond butter
Pinch of sea salt
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1 tsp coconut oil
Dessicated coconut to sprinkle (if desired)
- Place softened dates and peanut butter in the food processor and process until a paste is formed.
- Chill the caramel in the freezer and shape into small balls
- Freeze on a baking sheet for 10 minutes
- Melt the milk chocolate with coconut oil until softened
- Dunk the ball into the chocolate until fully coated.
Sprinkle with coconut if desired (or chia seeds)
(adapted from http://ohsheglows.com/2012/10/17/homemade-rolo-knock-offs-vegan-gluten-free-5-ingredients/)