Gluten free chocolate chip cookies!
- 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- 1 1/8th buckwheat flour.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence.
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt.
- 125 g unsalted butter, softened (can also swab for half apple sauce/ half butter or nut telex)
- ~ 1/2 cup date syrup ** (soak 8-10 dates in hot water for 10 minutes, drain, then blend in a food processor with 1 -2 tbsp of water until a paste forms)
- 1 egg.
- 3/4 cup of dark chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl beat butter and date syrup until combined. Add egg and vanilla essence and beat until combined.
4. Add butter mixture to dry ingredients and combine with a wooden spoon. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Spoon tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls and place on a lined baking trays
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.