Goji berries are another one of nature’s superfoods to include in our daily diet.
- Excellent source of antioxidants. Containing more beta-carotene than carrots
- Contain zeaxanthin & lutein, which help, protect against free radical damage of the eyes. In Chinese medicine goji berries have been recommended for thousands of years to improve eyesight.
- Help improve the immune system
- A rich source of vitamin C, more than oranges
- Considered to be a tonic adaptogen, helping to enhance our liver, digestive system, balance blood sugar levels
- Contain phytonutrients including betaine which helps the liver
- Contain 18 amino acids
- Contain 21 trace minerals
Goji berries are available as dried berries, juice, powder & capsules.
How to use goji berries –
- Make a goji tea. Goji berries can be used to brew in a tea. You can add a handful of goji berries to a big glass of hot or cold water (or herb tea) and let sit and hydrate for 5 to 10 minutes. They become plump and juicy. You can drink the tea and eat the hydrated berries which are loaded with antioxidants
- Dried berries can be soaked and rehydrated, the goji water is hydrating and can be used as a base for smoothies or soups
- Dried berries can be used like any other dried fruit, you can add to muffin recipes
- Mixed with cacao nibs make a perfect travel snack